Friday, May 4, 2012



Just thnking about this book this morning....I read it last year and found it's message so true...how we sometimes try to make JESUS into what is convenient for our flesh instead of truly knowing HIM!!!

"The cast of characters drags the... reader through the streets of Seattle and ancient Judea to introduce a host of fake Jesuses: Magic 8 Ball Jesus, Harley Jesus, even Liberal Social Services Jesus. They're constructs of the human mind. People invent a Jesus for one specific reason and then discard him when they don't need him anymore, says one of the Jesuses (the one with an expensive suit). Peter teaches Mikalatos that he must quiet falsehoods and mold a deeper relationship with the living, historical Jesus. Mixing questions of suffering and free will with a nexus of weirdness, Mikalatos throws Christian fiction into the world of Comic-Con and Star Wars. His silly quest is startling, contemporary, meaningful, and occasionally exhausting when the reader is puzzled."

LORD, Please keep me from lying to myself;
Give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
I have chosen to be faithful;
I have determined to live by your regulations.
I cling to your laws.
LORD, don't let me be put to shame!
I will pursue your commands,
for you expand my understanding.
Psalm 119:29-32 (NLT)

To read more about this book click on link below:
<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=woth-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=1414335636&ref=tf_til&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment