Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Helpful Tool for Cancer Survivors

As a five year cancer survivor, I have a great interest in finding helpful tools for getting through cancer treatment and dealing with the challenges of survivorship. This book is a real gem! Not only does it give recipes to help eat when plagued by side effects of chemo and cancer symptoms but it offers recipes for several types of special diets.
'Ann's Tips' interspersed throughout the book offer practical and useful solutions to meal planning and cooking.
The beautiful photographs included definitely inspire a desire to cook and spark interest in eating the finished product too!
I appreciate the ease of some of the recipes such as Cozy Rice Pudding. The Tomato Upside Down Cake is a savory that has now been added to my favorite recipes list.
I sincerely wish I would have had this book while undergoing my chemotherapy treatments! It is one I highly recommend for anyone diagnosed with cancer and also their caregivers, family, and friends that want to help them in their cancer journey.
I was supplied a digital copy this cookbook by the publisher for an honest review but now plan to purchase several hard copies as gifts, including one for myself!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1583335811/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_t1_6A14xb3TFJYW2

No comments:

Post a Comment