Tuesday, January 21, 2014

3 Graces Borrowed, Found, Inherited


Found:  An old tray leaning in the back of my storage closet and worn with age was finally pulled out for closer examination a few years ago.   It had been one of my mother's flea market finds that she generously shared with me.  When I turned it over, the backing was ripped and dirty.  I began to tear the rest of the soiled covering away...
Much to my delighted surprise, an original 1920 silent movie poster was beneath... It had been used as a lining for the flower print on top of the tray.
How many times, I wonder,  have I overlooked something as of little value, when underneath it's surface rare treasures are just waiting to be discovered!
Is it not the same with human hearts?   Each and everyone has hidden layers of beauty that can be found if we only look close enough!
However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves. (2 Corinthians 4:7 AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment