Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stony Heart

 
You’ll come back and clean house, throw out all the rotten images and obscene idols. I’ll give you a new heart. I’ll put a new spirit in you. I’ll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you’ll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You’ll be my people! I’ll be your God! (Ezekiel 11:16-20 MSG)

Every now and then I have to perform a heart check.  Well really, like every day of the week :)
For I've discovered that if I don't tend this part of me carefully it can subtly but surely become calcified.

George MacDonald said: "If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give."

Lord, let not my heart turn from those who are troubled and suffering.
But let it reflect You, in all your goodness and immeasurable unending love!
I am truly yours, so please help me live my life in accordance with your holy Word +

No comments:

Post a Comment