Tuesday, June 14, 2011

IT ALL ADDS UP!!!




PROVERBS 31:
16She considers a [new] field before she buys or accepts it [expanding prudently and not courting neglect of her present duties by assuming other duties]; with her savings [of time and strength] she plants fruitful vines in her vineyard. [S. of Sol. 8:12.]
    17She girds herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task] and makes her arms strong and firm.
    18She tastes and sees that her gain from work [with and for God] is good; her lamp goes not out, but it burns on continually through the night [of trouble, privation, or sorrow, warning away fear, doubt, and distrust].
    19She lays her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
    20She opens her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her filled hands to the needy [whether in body, mind, or spirit].

I used to not be too concerned about saving small amounts of money.

"If I really like something", I reasoned, "why shouldn't I enjoy it.  After all, I'm not buying big things and I am entitled to a few small little luxuries."

It was never a reality to me that all those 'little indulgences', when put together, added up to a sizable amount of money!  Gourmet coffee was one of them.  At $4.00 to $5.00 a cup it didn't take long for a chunk of my budget to be devoured. 

It was only when I saw my wise daughter's example that revelation came.
I saw her repeated selecting the more inexpensive choices of the things she loved.  And when I questioned her she simply told me that she would rather use that money to help those in need.  Since that time I have frequently watched her bless those less fortunate.  It is always heart warming to see how her giving meets needs:  Clothes for children that a struggling mother has been unable to provide;  Medicine for a family in another country where medicine is just not available;  Warm boots for those who spend their winters in frigid temperatures... the list goes on and on of the many ways her small savings have added up to big blessings.  She has been a beautiful example to me of the Proverbs 31 woman!

And I discovered a way several months ago that has been very helpful in saving.  My husband surprised me with a Keurig coffee pot for Christmas.  I have found that this fast convenient way of making coffee is saving me big time!  I just add my favorite flavor of Coffee-Mate (Caramel Macchiato )
and I feel just like I've been to my favorite coffee bar!  Coffee-Mate even has a site where you can calculate how much money you can save 
making  your coffee at home instead of going to the coffee shop. Just copy and paste the link below and to go to the calculator.  And when you save all that money and pass it on to someone who needs it more...just remember...you and the Proverbs 31 woman have much in common!!!

Coffee Savings Calculator:http://www.coffee-mate.com/My-Cafe/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment