Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Hour

Went to Happy Hour today.  No, not a Happy Hour with White Russians and various other concoctions that I used to go to many years ago which left me mostly unhappy by the end of the evening!   Today's was a Diet Cherry Coke one at Sonic Drive-In! 

Don't you wish it was really that easy to get HAPPY -just get in your car and go through a drive thru???

Something I seem to be learning, especially of late, is the way to my happiness is simply to 'forget about it' and think about another's happiness!  I have noticed the more I do this, the happier I become!!! 

The Bible mentions this:

Psalm 40:8
 8 I take joy in doing your will, my God,
      for your instructions are written on my heart.”


What is HIS will?

1John 3:14

 14 If we love our Christian brothers and sisters,[a] it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead.

How do we do HIS will?

1 John 3:16


 16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters.

Yep, there is really is a HAPPY HOUR....just not the one I used to think existed but one where I say "not my cup, LORD, but yours"....

... and WOW does that drink of LIVING WATER taste better than anything I've ever tried at any tavern or drive thrus!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment